Special Message: An Important COVID-19 Vaccination Update for our Members and Providers
As you may have heard recently in the news and through press conferences from Governor Hogan, the FDA has granted Emergency Use Authorization to three COVID-19 vaccines. Currently, vaccine distribution is following Maryland’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan. Please see below for the most up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination information that has been shared with our organization.
When can I be vaccinated?
Vaccine distribution is based on Governor Hogan’s current COVID-19 Vaccination Plan. As of April 12, 2021, any Marylander, ages 16 and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Where can I find COVID-19 vaccination sites?
Please visit the following website to find a vaccination site near you: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine.
You can also schedule your vaccine appointment at one of the state’s mass vaccination sites by visiting covidvax.maryland.gov. You can also call Maryland’s COVID-19 Support Line at 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829) to schedule your vaccine appointment at a mass vaccination site.
Why should I receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
There are many important reasons to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. One of the most important reasons to receive the COVID-19 vaccine is to protect yourself, your family, and your friends from COVID-19. Receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is one of the most important things that we can all do to help end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Where can I learn more about the COVID-19 Vaccines? Are these vaccines safe and effective?
Information related to the Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines is available on the CDC’s website at COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC.
To date, three vaccines have been approved for emergency use by the FDA. A helpful article recently published by Johns Hopkins related to the safety and efficacy of the vaccines can be found here: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe.
Additional Resources about the COVID-19 Vaccines: CDC Fast Facts on COVID-19 Vaccines
At Jai Medical Systems, we have formed our own Task Force and Response team in order to appropriately respond to the novel coronavirus (COVID19). Our COVID19 Task Force and Response team has developed a response plan with the following goals and objectives:
- To ensure the health and well-being of our patients, providers, members, and staff.
- To maintain continuity of operations in order to perform core functions as an essential component of Maryland’s public and private health system.
- To cooperate and coordinate with local, state, and federal health agencies.
We will make every effort to keep our members, providers, and other interested parties up to date as this dynamic situation unfolds. At this time, please be advised that Jai Medical Systems is open and operational during normal business hours, and we may be reached through our main phone line at 1-888-JAI-1999. Please check back at our website for the most up-to-date information regarding our response plan and for any other COVID-19 updates.
Important COVID-19 Testing and Informational Resources
- To find a COVID-19 testing site near you today, please visit https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/symptoms-testing
- The Importance of Contact Tracing, please visit: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/contact-tracing
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Documents/coronavirus_FAQ.pdf
- For general information related to COVID19, please visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html or the Maryland Department of Health’s website at https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx.